Welcome to the Hornton Family Trail and Quiz Answers
The answers to the quiz are listed below:
- 1. Where can you see through something that might be a girl’s best friend?
- Answer: The diamond windows at Holloway House.
Walk along Bell Street:
- 2. Where might a famous writer have felt at home?
- Answer: The 39 Steps.
- 3. Where would you have ‘missed’ it and be too late?
- Answer: The Old Post Office.
- 4. Home for a policeman?
- Answer: Peeler's Cottage.
- 5. Where would you go for a royal celebration?
- Answer: Jubilee House.
Walk along West End from the flagpole:
- 6. Where can't you go from here?
- Answer: Hornton Grounds Farm.
- 7. Whose birthday was it in 1993?
- Answer: Hornton Playground.
- 8. Where is the ‘fine lady’?
- Answer: The brewery sign on the Dun Cow Pub or the white horse in the playground.
- 9. Where might you have gone if you wanted to catch a bus?
- Answer: The Old Coach House.
- 10. Ingredients for a smoothie?
- Answer: The Berries.
- 11. Which roses won’t ever need water?
- Answer: The stone roses at West Lynne House.
Turn into Tink a Tank towards the church:
- 12. If a dove was looking for a home, how many could it choose from around here?
- Answer: 22 homes for doves.
Go through the kissing gate into the churchyard:
- 13. Where would you find some rainbows here?
- Answer: Rainbow family gravestones in the churchyard.
Cross the church garden and walk along to the end of Church Lane:
- 14. How many are you left with if you add together the phone number and take away the number of leaves?
- Answer: 7 (41 minus 34).
Walk across the Green into Pages Lane:
- 15. Not Fingal's, then whose?
- Answer: Ian's cave.
- 16. William Tell would be at home here.
- Answer: Apple Cottage.
Go back to the Green:
- 17. If you miss it, what street will you need to go to?
- Answer: Merton Street sorting office.
- 18. There is a 'tree' on The Green which is not a lime or a cherry. What is its name?
- Answer: Hazel (on the Burden Bench).
- 19. Two dates are celebrated here - what are they?
- Answer: 11.11.2018 and 2000.
Walk up Millers Lane:
- 20. Who is welcome at the Chapel?
- Answer: All are welcome at The Chapel.
- 21. Get urgent help here?
- Answer: Heart Safe defibrillator.
- 22. It’s a bit smaller than the Duke of Marlborough’s.
- Answer: Blenheim Cottage.
- 23. Where is it always spring and never summer?
- Answer: April Cottage.
- 24. Where might Elvis fans end up?
- Answer: Gracelands.
- 25. If you divide the number of steps up to the end of Perkins Close by the number of steps down the other side, how many steps are you left with?
- Answer: 1 (37 divided by 12 equals 3 and 1 left over).
From the Green walk up Eastgate:
- 26. If you are a bird you might well live here.
- Answer: The Swallows.
- 27. A sweet spot for a six-legged creature?
- Answer: The beehive at Cromwells.
- 28. A place to keep a policeman’s hat?
- Answer: Copse Cap Barn.